Members of the Institute of Software Practitioners of Nigeria (ISPON), have elected new executives to lead the group from 2023 to 2025.
TechEconomy can report that Mr. Bimbo Abioye, an accountant turned IT executive, has been elected the President of ISPON.
He takes over from Mr. Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu, the immediate past president.
ISPON is the industry professional body for indigenous software developers and practitioners in Nigeria.
Meet the ISPON Executives 2023-2025
- President: Bimbo Abioye
- 1st Vice President: Mrs. Fatumata Soukouna-Coker
- General Secretary: Efe Emore
- Treasurer: Mr. Raymond Osumah
- Chair, Policy & Strategy Committee: Dr. Uche Mbanaso
- Chair, Diaspora Committee: Prof. Yakub Aliyu
- Chair, Media & Publicity Committee: Uzo Nwani
- Chair, Education & Capacity Building Committee: Peter Ogedengbe
- Chair, Membership Committee: Israel Olakanmi
The experienced Chief Executive Officer of FinTrak Software Company, has a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry.
Skilled in risk management, enterprise software, data warehousing, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and management consulting, Mr. Abioye is a strong business development professional.
Bimbo Abioye holds an MBA in information technology from Olabisi Onabanjo University and a certification from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. He worked at ADH as an internal auditor for two years and later as head of finance and systems at the same company.
He later moved to Reliance Bank, where he worked as a group head for financial control and ICT services and Acting General Manager of Operations and Technology.
He has been the Group Managing Director at FinTrak Software since 2006.